Wigs and Water?

Share your CrossDressing secret tips and tricks or perhaps you require some help CrossDressing.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
kathy123
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Wigs and Water?

Postby kathy123 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:37 am

Anyone else ever wondered what happened to their wig when it got wet (like swimming wet not just a little rain) while wearing it? So last night after getting home late I had been planning to wash my wig out in the sink, as usual, since it got pretty dirty from our day out in Boston a few weeks ago. I wore it one last time and when we got home I decided to try showering in it and washing it on my head. ( I have not had enough hair to bother with shampoo in 25 years :washedup: so that was a novelty) I stepped out of the shower to look in the mirror expecting a real wreck with patches on scalp and bunched up wads of hair. Well, other than getting the floor absolutely soaked, I was really pleasantly surprised :shock: , it actually looked just like real wet hair - you would never know it was a wig. It is not an inexpensive wig ($200 range) but it is not a real hair one or anything outrageously expensive.

Has anyone else tried this?

Now I'm thinking I can swim in it, my wife is totally rolling her eyes over this one :evil: . I thought I had to go to the beach and sit in the sun only, now I think I can manage a swim, albeit a delicate one, won't be out body surfing waves or anything but this adds a whole new level of fun to the prospect :) . I think I might try it out at the local lake beach. It'll be a nice dry run (no pun intended!) in a safer spot where I can run home in 10 minutes if things don't pan out well - I'm still not sure how it will behave as it submerges.

Kathy

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Wigs and Water?

Postby DebbieT » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 am

Synthetic wigs can be washed in the washing machine!

Put them in a pillow case, no washing powder but a little fabric softener and use a gentle cycle (i.e., no 1200rpm spins!)

When they're done, take them out, and use a good quality detangle brush, put them on a stand (or loo rolls wrapped in cling film if you don't have one), and brush out the ends, moving up to the scalp. Don't be vigorous, be gentle. Then leave to dry in a warm place. When dry, spritz with dry shampoo and brush through again.

Real hair can be done this way too...but it's more hairy with something more expensive, so I don't.

Debbie

Georgina
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby Georgina » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:34 pm

What an amazing piece of advice, Debbie, thank you!
I have grown to loathe washing wigs. I think I'd rather just buy a new one!

My male persona doesn't have to worry much about hair, if you get my meaning
It is not why, it just is

Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Sara.G » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:35 pm

DebbieT wrote:
Real hair can be done this way too...but it's more hairy with something more expensive, so I don't.

Debbie

I do realise that you mean real hair wigs Debbie, however I couldn't help thinking that it might be rather traumatic to wash one's hair using the washing machine, :shock:
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:15 am

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

I'm not doing that again.

You spin me right round baby, like a washing machine, baby.

Debbie

Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Sara.G » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 am

DebbieT wrote:Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

I'm not doing that again.

You spin me right round baby, like a washing machine, baby.

Debbie

:thumbs:
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

Jamie_
Newly registered users
Preference: Androgynous

Postby Jamie_ » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Best way to wash most wigs, is immersed in cold water, with fabric softener, I find, followed by a folded towel dry, and then left to dry naturally.

If you're looking for various stylistic enhancements, there're all kinds of tricks.
For instance, if you want a 'wet look' thing going on, instead of using actual wet-look gel (which will be dubious with certain synthetic components), a spray-on coconut oil based suntan spray works an absolute treat - and smells rather nice, too! :D
What's good about it, is that it gives the desired effect, without leaving your hair completely gunky.
:)

Return to “Cosmetics / Health for CrossDressers”