Help please, I have no idea what I'm doing with makeup

Share your CrossDressing secret tips and tricks or perhaps you require some help CrossDressing.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Tiffany~S
Registered users
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Help please, I have no idea what I'm doing with makeup

Postby Tiffany~S » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:55 am

So I have been curious about makeup for awhile now, I was out today and the urge hit me to finally pick some up. I got some foundation eye shadow eye liner and mascara. Is there anything else I should pickup other than lipstick to cover a basic first attempt?

rhonda

Re: Help please, I have no idea what I'm doing with makeup

Postby rhonda » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:54 am

Get some blush, brushes, and most importantly....makeup remover!! Good luck, trial and error is part of the process.

Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Sara.G » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 am

Look on you-tube for make-up tutorials - there are several aimed at cross-dressers.

Also have a look at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6741#p27574 there are a few tips and tricks in there.
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:11 am

The basic kit:
1. Concealer/foundation (Clarins do an amazing one that could probably cover a full beard)
2. Powder - to reduce shineyness
3. Two complimentary eye shadows
4. Eye liner
5. Eyebrow pencil
6. Blush
7. Lipstick
8. Blusher Brush
9. Powder brush
10. Eye shadow brush
11. Foundation pads/sponges

Optional extras:
1. Mascara
2. Bronzer
3. Bronzer brush
4. Eye lash curler
5. Lip liner (similar colour to the lipstick)

The brushes quite often come in packs with 5 in - blusher, bronzer, powder, eye shadow and lip gloss.

Shave, put on the concealer foundation using the sponges (little wedge shaped things). Start under the eyes, and concentrate also on the beard area.

Get a good dusting of powder, again start under the eyes, and (like with emulsion) always brush in one direction.

Mascara - open your mouth, tilt your head back, brush quickly upwards on your top lashes. One application will be enough!

Eyebrows, lightly sketch the shape, then fill in. If you have bushy eyebrows, trim them first.

Eyeliner: run it along the waterline of your lower lid. Pull your eyes into a slightly racist oriental stereotype with one hand, and run the pencil along the join between your eyes. You may need to run it across several times. You may also need to lick the tip with pencils (felt tips, not needed) as moist works better.

Eyeshadow, just do the lids with the darker colour. Don't be tempted to go up to the eyebrows! For experts, put the lighter colour on first on the outside corners, and the darker on the inside corners, experiment with where they meet, and blend with your little finger.

Blusher - Smile, get a good dusting on the brush, swirl around the apples your smile makes in your cheeks, then brush back and down along the bone line.

Lipstick: if using lip liner, draw just outside the line of your lips, then fill in with lipstick. Rub your lips together. If no lip liner, just fill in the lips.

Foundation is very important, and where any significant expense should be made, it can make the difference. The exact shade is either trial and error, or popping into Boots and asking them to test your skin (they don't mind doing this, even with people in drab - in fact, if they know you're a cross dresser, they'll help pick all the make-up for you).

Bright red lipstick is very aging. Non-standard colours (like purple or grey) are for teenagers.

Dark eyeshadow is better for beginners, as it is more forgiving.

With practice, you can get made up in under 10 minutes!

Experts can get contour kits ;)

Don't forget makeup remover. Wipes are very good for those in a hurry.

I hope that helps.

Debbie

Tiffany~S
Registered users

Postby Tiffany~S » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Thank you so much for the great tips ladies. Time to practice practice practice.

Return to “Cosmetics / Health for CrossDressers”