Sore face...

Share your CrossDressing secret tips and tricks or perhaps you require some help CrossDressing.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Wendy7
Registered users
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Sore face...

Postby Wendy7 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:11 am

Hi girls, need a little help and advice. I only do the full make up thing a few times a month. This is basically if I do more, my face ends up being sore for a couple of days afterwards. Im not sure what it is, but I have my suspicions it's my foundation. I tried Rimmel and Max Factor, but that made no difference. It could be razor burn - when I'm doing the full thing, a very close shave is a must.

So you know what I do, I have a good close shave, then moisturise. Wait at least 30 minutes, then foundation, face powder and blusher, then eyes and lips. At the end of the day, this is all removed by washing with soap and warm water, followed by a cleanser/toner, and then face cream. It's not until the following day that the soreness starts. It's only a mild discomfort which comes and goes, and mainly my chin, less on my cheeks, but I do have to hold off having a shave for a day or so.

Advice, please?

lol Wendy
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand,
Why she walked like a woman, and talked like a man,
Oh, my Lola

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Sore face...

Postby DebbieT » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:06 pm

You could have sensitive skin.

No7 at Boots do a sensitive range, I'm sure others must too.

Additionally, after shaving, before moisturising (with a sensitive skin moisturiser), apply aloe vera gel.

Debbie

SiobhanH
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby SiobhanH » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 am

Way back in my amateur dramatic days, the old style Leichner stuff used to give me similar problems and was one of the reasons why I retired from the stage. I did do a couple of plays in smaller venues where I could get away with 'normal' Clinique products which was much better, (and was instrumental in nurturing my love of make-up!).

Clinique isn't cheap and I just use Rimmel now. Well worth trying the Boots - my other half is a fan of their 'natural' ranges. You might also want to think about some of the mineral make-up available - I haven't tried it myself but understand that it has a very 'light' feel on the skin. There's a little JML kit for about a tenner which you can pick up in all sorts of stores, (Boots, Dunelm etc), if you want to give it a try - I'm thinking giving it a go for when I don't have enough time for the full works.

xSiobhan
'Most of the time I'm a normal bloke. When I'm not, I'm Siobhan'

Wendy7
Registered users

Postby Wendy7 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:44 am

I think I may have solved this one. I have been trying different things, change something here, leave something out there. The one thing I changed was my after shave moisturiser for a straight day cream, and the soreness has gone. So it seems the culprit was the one thing I was putting on my face that was designed for male skin. Poetic, eh? lol

Lots of hugs, Wendy.
Oh, my Lola

Wendy7
Registered users

Postby Wendy7 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:42 pm

In view of the above, I screwed up my courage, and went to Boots to get some proper advice, and spoke to a charming young lady there. When I said I needed advice with makeup, all she asked was was it for me or someone else. When I told her it was for me, she didn't bat an eyelid, and the first thing she did was to find out my skin colour. When she asked what I wanted to do, I suggested a basic kit to play with, and off she went, gathering moisturiser, primer, foundation, face powder, lipstick, bronzer and blusher, all in colours appropriate for my skin tone. She added eye makeup, and a set of brushes, all the while dispensing advice on how to apply things, and little tips and tricks to help. There were some very curious looks from some of the othe shoppers in the store, but I was made to feel completely at ease, so 10 out of 10 for Boots. Mind you, it did come to over a hundred quid, but, as she pointed out, now I had the basics, I would only need to replace things as they ran out, which they wouldn't do at the same time. Also the brushes and the eyeliner pencil sharpener would not need replacing, and those alone were nearly thirty pounds. As I had bought so many items at the same time, they had a special offer that for every two things I bought, I could have one of these gifts bags. I ended with three... So all in all, a fantastic experience. Based on my experience, I can heartily recommend them.

Lots of hugs, Wendy.

PS just need to find some time to play with it all...
Oh, my Lola

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:36 am

Boots are very good. They train their staff about trans people, so they understand.

I quite often recommend to people to get their skin colour tested at Boots, I've done it.

I'm not surprised at the cost. My brushes cost £20. She's wrong though. They do need replacing. I recently replaced three of my main brushes: foundation, blusher and and my eye shadow brush. The others had become splayed out.

These days make-up costs me about £100/£120 a year, all in, and I wear it most days.

Debbie

Return to “Cosmetics / Health for CrossDressers”