IPL/Laser Hair Removal

Share your CrossDressing secret tips and tricks or perhaps you require some help CrossDressing.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

IPL/Laser Hair Removal

Postby DebbieT » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:58 pm

I had a consultation today for facial hair laser removal.

Two test patches, one with Intense Pulse Light, and one with a Ruby* Laser.

IPL hurts more than laser, which hurts quite a bit. Laser feels like somebody flicking an elastic band on your skin, and IPL feels like somebody doing it with 5 elastic bands.

I've been told that with my hair type, I will need four sessions at four weekly intervals, and a further 6 at 6 weekly intervals, costing £850 for the 10 sessions.

I did not tell my consultant that I am TV/CD/Whatever the hell I am, but she knew, straight off. Apparently, my face shape is quite feminine. Even though I find people in the wrong gender do tend to have the feminine/masculine features of their correct gender, I never considered myself to follow that trend. I don't know whether it was my nails, or turning up in a dress that gave me away. just kidding. My nails aren't that long ;).

In an earlier post, I said that I wanted my wife to be the first person I told...well, that went out of the window. It was weird saying out loud to somebody that I was born the wrong gender.

I am very suitable for either IPL or laser hair removal, and I am going to go through with it. It's expensive, but not as expensive as I thought it would be. That said, I'll be clothes shopping less!

:Debbie

*Ruby, Ruby (Joke for Kaiser Chief fans)

GothGirl
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Re: IPL/Laser Hair Removal

Postby GothGirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 pm

If you had it done on a Tuesday, would it be a 'Ruby Tuesday' ? ( Rolling Stones for the younger viewers).

Good luck with this Debbie. Wonder how long it will take to get the £850 back in what you will save on shaving stuff like blades, foam, etc.?

Emily
I only smile if I have a reason...

GinaG13
Registered users

Postby GinaG13 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 am

Not to mention the time saved each day by not having to shave!!!!!
Does your face go numb after a while or is the lacky band sensation the same each time...

Good luck with the process
Gina :shock:

DebbieT

Postby DebbieT » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 am

I'll have to let you know Gina.

I hope it does decrease in sensation. When I shaved the following day (yesterday) it was tender around the two spots that were hair free (yey), they were only a centimetre in size (boo) so I didn't have too much discomfort.

I'm booking my first full face treatment to happen this month, and then there'll be another 4 weeks later.

I'm hoping I can get 3 treatments in before I meet the girls in November. There's supposed to be visible results by then :)

@Emily: Because I use Fusion Proglide, it's about £10 a month in blades and foam. So 85 months. Or 7 years (eek). I wish I'd not done that calculation, lol.

DebbieT

Postby DebbieT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 pm

I've just got back from having my face burned off. Haha.

Oh. My. God.

It was VERY painful. I'm not kidding.

Think of the first time (if you have) epilated.

It still smarts now, twenty minutes later. I can't touch it. it's a little red, but nothing outstanding, I can put it down to being warm (it is warm in this office!)

Apparently, that's as painful as it gets, though. It's downhill towards smoothness from here on out.

The jawline was excruciating. The top lip was super painful.

I am a lucky girl though, I don't have any hair directly underneath my bottom lip. My consultant said that's the most painful area. I'll take her word for that.

Being a woman is very painful. Lmao.

My heart was racing throughout the whole thing. I didn't breath for about 15 minutes while she did it.

Davina

Postby Davina » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Well done Deb, :thumbs: can’t wait to see the progress. Wah hay :)
I don't bother with Hello's anymore as for most of you that's all you'll do here . . . . OMG i'm such a bitch. . . !

DebbieT

Postby DebbieT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 pm

No progress yet. It takes a couple of weeks for the hair to fully die and fall out.

I've got to take it on faith that it will work. But I'm confident it will.

Hopefully, by November, I'll be the one sipping wine while you three queue for the bathroom mirror.

Davina

Postby Davina » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Grrrr drat’s to you “where’s my 500.Wt security lamp” lol
I don't bother with Hello's anymore as for most of you that's all you'll do here . . . . OMG i'm such a bitch. . . !

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 pm

So it was like first time epilation egh? Oh, I remember that; like being attacked by a squadron of angry bees. It even drew blood.
The bits I did looked like a disaster zone.

I looked into buying one of those home laser kits by Rio. Nearly bought one last year, but the reviews said they were rubbish. Not powerful enough apparently; you're only allowed to buy mickey mouse ones for home use, even though they were still about £300 for the 'carpet bomber' version.

Don't the hairs sort of shrivel up, & then fall out later?

Emily
I only smile if I have a reason...

DebbieT

Postby DebbieT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:34 pm

IPL kills the follicle. Laser kills the follicle and burns the hair to a crisp.

Sadly, I still have to shave for a while yet.

Return to “Cosmetics / Health for CrossDressers”