ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Hair Removal Poll

Share your CrossDressing secret tips and tricks or perhaps you require some help CrossDressing.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.

What's your prefered method of hair removal?

Shaving
39%
Waxing
14%
Sugaring
No votes
Epilation
18%
Cream (e.g Veet)
29%
Laser
No votes
IPL ( Intense Pulsed Light )
No votes

Total votes: 49

Abraham03
Newly registered users

Re: Hair Removal Poll

Postby Abraham03 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 am

I've already had like 9 treatments. I've got a Becker's Nevus on my back that I'm getting removed.

Hair grows cyclically, so you've got to go in for tons of treatments no matter what.

Laser hair removal works by delivering a set amount of energy to a set area over a set period of time, so that's 3 variables that they can change with the laser based on pigmentation or skin type.

It works by causing follicular edema and the hair follicle literally pops out of your skin, either during the treatment or shortly thereafter [i.e. clothes rub on the area and the hair falls out].

Only drawbacks could be scarring over the area if your aesthetician

iDream
Registered users

Postby iDream » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Thought I'd join this rather than starting a new post :)

Just curious as to how important it is to follow the testing instructions on Veet cream is? Really 24 hours before using it? Or is couple of hours ok?

Thanks for the help.

Kit.
Call me Kit. Much easier :)

Louise4ever
Site Admin
Preference: Transgendered

Postby Louise4ever » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:59 am

sometimes a bad reaction doesn't show up till the next day, guess the question is do you have sensitive skin and do you want to risk it?

iDream
Registered users

Postby iDream » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Rather sensitive skin indeed, Louise :) I went ahead anyway and no problems today. Only thing is - I must have hair like steel! Followed the instruction to the letter and all I got was well moisturised arms. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Unless I can find somewhere that stocks Veet for Men :)

GothGirl
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby GothGirl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I mainly use a combination of wet shaving & Veet cream these days for speed & convenience.
I also find body wet shaving quite relaxing- especially my legs.

I've tried a few other methods over the years, such as :

Sugaring - I used this on my shoulders & legs for quite a few years, & it was ok once you have some practice. It doesn't hurt as much as ordinary waxing. I gave up with it because of all the faffing trying to keep the wax hot, & always ran out of those cotton strips.You're supposed to be able to wash & re-use them, but they never seemed to work as well 2nd time around.
Tried waxing my chest ONCE using this method, the pain shocked me. Also punched myself in the face when I whipped off one of the cotton strips. lol

Wax Strips - found these expensive & a bit rubbish!

Epilating - Bought one of these a couple of years ago. Tried it on my chest too & found it hurt less than waxing. The first time I used it on my chest it was glowing red & also bleeding afterwards. The morning after it looked fine if a bit sensitive. I stopped using this method in the end because I was getting alot of problems with ingrowing hairs, despite using stuff like Ingrow Go, & exfoliating etc. The hairs always grew back at irregular rates too so I never seemed to be 'hair free' for very long. The Epilator I have is very noisy , so difficult to do this covertly as well .
I only smile if I have a reason...

iDream
Registered users

Postby iDream » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 pm

That's the other problem I have with shaving - the ingrowing hairs afterwards! Never in my life have I shaved anywhere and not looked like I am suffering from acne shortly afterwards :(

I once got waxed for a charity event and while it was a little sore, I swear the hair grew back thicker and darker. Can't afford a pro to do it now and like you, I fear I would end up punching myself if I tried it at home :)

I'll use up the cream now I've bought it but maybe an epilator would be the way to go. Shame you can't trial the "good" ones first though lol

Louise4ever
Site Admin
Preference: Transgendered

Postby Louise4ever » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:56 pm

iDream wrote:Rather sensitive skin indeed, Louise :) I went ahead anyway and no problems today. Only thing is - I must have hair like steel! Followed the instruction to the letter and all I got was well moisturised arms. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Unless I can find somewhere that stocks Veet for Men :)

to be fair It is made work the fine hairs women have, I found I had to leave on longer than recommended to work but not too long or it irritates the skin :(

JulieR

Postby JulieR » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:57 am

Louise4ever wrote:
iDream wrote:Rather sensitive skin indeed, Louise :) I went ahead anyway and no problems today. Only thing is - I must have hair like steel! Followed the instruction to the letter and all I got was well moisturised arms. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Unless I can find somewhere that stocks Veet for Men :)

to be fair It is made work the fine hairs women have, I found I had to leave on longer than recommended to work but not too long or it irritates the skin :(

I had the same problem (skin irritation) with a well known brand :washedup: ........Lovely Louise.

GothGirl
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby GothGirl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 am

iDream wrote:That's the other problem I have with shaving - the ingrowing hairs afterwards! Never in my life have I shaved anywhere and not looked like I am suffering from acne shortly afterwards :(

I once got waxed for a charity event and while it was a little sore, I swear the hair grew back thicker and darker. Can't afford a pro to do it now and like you, I fear I would end up punching myself if I tried it at home :)

I'll use up the cream now I've bought it but maybe an epilator would be the way to go. Shame you can't trial the "good" ones first though lol

I found the epilator caused my ingrowing hairs, which is why I stopped using it. Initially it was great, but I think over time as the hairs grew back weaker,they seemed to have problems pushing through the skin. Some of weaker brittle hairs also started just breaking off below the skin & not fully coming out by the root. I tried all sorts of potions with only part success.
The ingrows caused some scarring too. Most have faded now except for a small patch just below may navel :washedup:

Never had same problems shaving, except that when I first started shaving my legs, about a day afterwards I got prickly/itchy red pimples on my inner thighs- is this the kind of thing you are getting? . At the time a friend advised me to go & have a soak hot bath with moisturing bubble-bath, & massage my legs with exfoliating gloves & a mild body wash. My legs stung like hell when i got in the bath & even more red pimples appeared!
Kept going with it anyway, & smeared my legs with moisturizer when i got out as instructed.
Next morning all the pimples had gone. Weird.

I do this as part of my regime now, plus I also use Nads Ingrow Solution (the gel , not the spray) which seems to help.
If I get any problems these days it's usually a sign I need to change the blade on my razor.

The epilator I have is a Braun Silk Epil & has three interchangeable heads; a beginner head (not too many tweezers)an advanced head(loads of them) & a shaver head. Boots always seem to have heavy discounts on them around now.
Try & get a cordless one if you can- mine wasn't & the cable can be really annoying!

Good luck & don't give up!
I only smile if I have a reason...

iDream
Registered users

Postby iDream » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 am

Thank you very much indeed for the tips there, some things I hadn't considered at all.

I'm certainly not giving up yet but any ideas when they are releasing spare bodies you can just change into and out of like clothing? Would save an awful lot of hassle lol

Return to “Cosmetics / Health for CrossDressers”