Hair Removal Poll

Share your CrossDressing secret tips and tricks or perhaps you require some help CrossDressing.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.

What's your prefered method of hair removal?

Shaving
38%
Waxing
14%
Sugaring
No votes
Epilation
20%
Cream (e.g Veet)
28%
Laser
No votes
IPL ( Intense Pulsed Light )
No votes

Total votes: 50

iDream
Registered users

Re: Hair Removal Poll

Postby iDream » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Today's top tip - Don't get Veet for Men anywhere near your genitals unless you want a truly eye opening experience!
Call me Kit. Much easier :)

LittleMinx
Newly registered users
Preference: Male (Straight)

Postby LittleMinx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Now, my needs may be a lickle different to some of yours, but...

Legs: first, horror story: had half leg waxing with no probs whatsoever many times. First time I had full leg, all was well until a few weeks later...I had the most hideous LARGE spots all over my upper legs. Never again!

So, it was strictly leg shaving from then on. Until lately, when the partner and I have been sharing a No!No! hair remover, which actually seems to be working pretty well. But you still need to shave afterwards to 'clear' the crispy bits it creates by burning up the hair. Still, over time it should mean smoother skin for longer. Bit of an investment, but think it will be worth it long-term.

Bikini, waxed for ages (Brazilian) and no probs except for the odd ingrowing hair (bleurgh). Again, think I might No!No! that as well. Supposedly that will keep the ingrowing nasties from occurring.

Finally - upper lip - have had it waxed professionally, now resorting to Veet strips for economy's sake :washedup:
Be yourself...everyone else is already taken.

GothGirl
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby GothGirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Louise4ever wrote:I haven't tried it however I'm guessing it's designed for those fine dark lady hairs, thick men hairs need stronger stuff lol

I was in Superdrug last week & saw Nair have brought out hair remover for course dark hair. Never seen that one before.
I only smile if I have a reason...

Carla68

Postby Carla68 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 am

Until passing 40 i never really had much body hair but it does seem to being coming on bit more now

My wife knows I shave my legs because i'm a bit sensitive to some fabric detergents and I have always found I itch less with no hair. this has been a brilliant excuse as wearing tights or stockings on smooth legs is so much better

I started with my wifes Remmington wet and dry or my razor (this doesn't work well with normal shaving routine)

I have got my self a remmington much to my wifes relief but the effect doesn't last long enough

Last Autumn I got a Braun Silk-epil epilator which had been really good first time definately worth using the beginner head until get used to pain

I work from home most friday's so get to a good hour to myself at lunch time or when on dull a conference calls with the mute on and this will usually keep me looking really good for the weekend and good enough to the next friday

I have always worn mens thongs as my wife used to like them and bought them for me when we were younger i tend to epilate right to top of the leg around edge of pantie line (epilating in panties is more fun obviously)

I don't think i would consider going Brazillian but do like to keep everything nice and trim incase wife does want to pay that area any attention

As Gothgirl stated the epiltator can be a bit noisy and as my wife doesn't know about the epilator only shaver can be tricky to use all the time and only need to miss a friday to make the next week a bit more painful

Was wondering if they are better to use in the wet or the dry have only tried dry but would expect shower would drown out noise

Also I'm guessing those nasty painful red spots are ingrowing hairs any tips on how to get rid of those would be great

I'm pretty used to the tingling of the epilator apart from round belly button and back of legs so if there is a more powerful epilator than the silk-epil Xspressive let me know so i can upgrade

Carla

katevibes
Registered users

Postby katevibes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi,

Amazingly I notice that I'm posting this almost two years to the hour since my last on my unfortunate experience with an epilator.
Happy to say that for me the combination of self applied hard hot wax, cold strips and tweezing have succeeded beyond my hopes and I am completely smooth 'down there' with new growth virtually ceased. The feeling is wonderful!

To get to this has required a lot of effort in time though. Tweezing takes me at least half an hour a day and like popping bubble wrap it is quite addictive once you get going. Tip, don't use some crappy old tweezers found in a drawer. Buy some from Boots, nothing fancy, I paid about £1-30 a pair. They will give the grip needed to pull the root out. The hot waxing I used to do about once a month but this has slowed to about every three months now. Being a cheapskate I'm still using the same stuff bought on Ebay at the start. Just reheat in the micro and off you go, careful it's not TOO hot!

The strips, also from Ebay are good for under the sac and armpits. I find it helps to warm them between your hands before pulling them apart and when pressed down on the treatment areas to let them cool for a minute or two. This seems to let the wax set around the hairs and improve the grip before pulling it off.

A long old job I know, but I love the result.

Happy New Year and keep at it!

Katexx

pinknails
Registered users

Postby pinknails » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 am

Louise4ever wrote:Vote and tell us your top tips or tradgic horror stories

Hi i use cream on all body parts my tip is use a bit of vasaline on the anul before using cream as the first time i used it the cream gave me a minor burn hence putting vasaline on before hand.

pinknails
Registered users

Postby pinknails » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:18 am

GothGirl wrote:
Louise4ever wrote:I haven't tried it however I'm guessing it's designed for those fine dark lady hairs, thick men hairs need stronger stuff lol
hi i use nair cream and it works just fine i buy it from home bargains 99p.

I was in Superdrug last week & saw Nair have brought out hair remover for course dark hair. Never seen that one before.

Summer

Postby Summer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Yep, both wife and me use the Nair which you said about in our nether regions. Used on the more obvious hairy bits it's OK but slightly more sensitive bits do produce rTHER NEGtive results for us both.
Experiment, but keep the sensitive bits just a bit less exposed to the nasty time effects of this pretty potent mixture.

Personally I think I look and feel great. I'm just a bit narcissistic though.
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Maria2

Postby Maria2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 am

I swear by epilation. So smooth and it takes weeks to grow back. If you can handle doing your face, there will be no more bristle and the beard shadow will be gone.
The only thing better, in my opinion, is permanent electrolysis, but that is very expensive. I've been limited to doing that on the face.

:) :) :frrrt: :frrrt: :) :)

Maria2

Postby Maria2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 am

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: PC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

My personal like button. Ha ha.

:frrrt: :frrrt: :) :) :frrrt: :frrrt:

Return to “Cosmetics / Health for CrossDressers”