Productivity increase within the CD/TG community

Chat anything CrossDressing here.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Georgina
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Productivity increase within the CD/TG community

Postby Georgina » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Not sure why the site gets taken down for days at a time ?

Had to do work !!
It is not why, it just is

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Productivity increase within the CD/TG community

Postby DebbieT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:26 am

Spam bot attack - the security needed beefing up.

Debbie

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Not Dr Solomon , but Sister Debbie to the rescue...

During the rebuilding downtime I did finally get an Emily Facebook page organised.
I've got one friend so far & joined Stevenage Butterflies group lol

Emily
I only smile if I have a reason...

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:54 am

GothGirl wrote:Not Dr Solomon , but Sister Debbie to the rescue...

During the rebuilding downtime I did finally get an Emily Facebook page organised.
I've got one friend so far & joined Stevenage Butterflies group lol

Emily

How do you find Facebook? I tried but it's probably the most irritating platform of all time. Especially now it seems to have advertisements everywhere

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Facebook as Emily is early days, & the news feed is pretty quiet. I know what you mean about the ads because my 'drab' account is bombarded​ with them. I also get fed up with very left wing friends posting shouty posts about brexit & the election, with links to lefty sites. I started getting mischievous by liking stuff guaranteed to wind them up. They fall for it every time :innocent:

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Well as far as shouty posts go, I found I liked lots of people much better when I didn't know what was going on in their heads .... :dopey:

The other question is how do you keep the two accounts separate? I can think of nothing worse than outing by Facebook. Even worse than being outed by an ex girlfriend in my teens... :shock:

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 pm

The thought of "would you like Facebook to our you to your daughter?" discouraged me...

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Georgina wrote:Well as far as shouty posts go, I found I liked lots of people much better when I didn't know what was going on in their heads .... :dopey:

The other question is how do you keep the two accounts separate? I can think of nothing worse than outing by Facebook. Even worse than being outed by an ex girlfriend in my teens... :shock:

Same here, but THEY don't know I go out dressed as a 'lady' sometimes..
They would choke on their lentils if they knew...then probably decide it was some kind of closet right wing capitalist activity & continue with the shouty posts..

My Emily FB page is linked to a separate e-mail address so it is completely separate account to my other FB account. I use a different surname too. They are differnt log-ins
The only slight quirk was that because I'm using the same computer, FB tried to be clever & suggested some of my male friends as friends for Emily. I deleted the suggestions & they haven't come back. I just get trans ones now, so maybe it's got the hint.

Looking at my Emily FB profile pic & my drab FB profile pic, I look completely different.
I suppose you don't have to have a picture if you are anxious you will be recognised under all that make up & wig.

Emily

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:53 pm

It's just an interesting thought really. I'm not that enamoured with social media in the main....

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:01 am

Facebook security is very comprensive, but you have to go and look to see what's the best settings for yourselves.

For instance, that panel "People you might know" scares the crap out of cross dressers,especially when they see somebody they know from their male life in it as they think that they're going to reciprocally appear on that other person's list.

Avoiding that pitfall is easy. Go to the privacy settings, and set the "accept friends" option to "friends of friends only", at which point you will never appear in one of these lists unless you have a mutual friend.

To stop people seeing your profile, set all the privacy settings (Except the above one) to "friends only", and you will be completely locked down but for your profile picture and name. Now in order to out you, they have to know your name, and recognise you from a teeny tiny picture in a list of lots of other people with the same name. Set your location to somwhere you don't live, and they've no chance.

Facebook is as secure as you want it to be.

Debbie

Return to “General CrossDressing Chat”