Louis Theroux : Transgender kids

Chat anything CrossDressing here.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Georgina
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Louis Theroux : Transgender kids

Postby Georgina » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 am

So last night I'm channel hopping and came across this, think it was first aired in 2015. Being a bit of a fan of Louis Theroux I thought I'd have a watch.. I had to switch it off...

It was a throwaway comment that really annoyed me "are they really transgender ?" Seems in Theroux's world that you can only be transgender if you're transitioning to a greater or lesser degree and if you happen to be Laverne Cox, that's fine .

But what if you happen to be me, or the many 1000's who are like me, for who lasting physical changes aren't appropriate ? Who have a male identity that they also want to maintain? Seems despite a deep seated need to express afemale identity we aren't trans. What are we then ? Freaks ? Weirdos ? Fetishists ?

Ever since I first came across Ray Blanchard's definition of Transvestic Fetishism it's jarred. It seems to belittle a group of people who have a genuine identity that should be respected. And believe you me, this isn't a fetish.

So why am I getting on my high horse about it now ? Because Theroux is one of the more thoughtful investigative journalists in my view and i think that 10 minutes internet research may have changed the form of words

But I think what I hate most is the implied hierarchy of validity, and that REALLY jars
It is not why, it just is

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Louis Theroux : Transgender kids

Postby DebbieT » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 am

My view: There is no heirarchy, there should be no elitism.

We each have a personal journey that we have to take alone, even if there are other people in our lives, we have to live within our own skin for ever.

I would love my feminine journey to have started the day I was born, but sadly this was not to be.

For a long time, I made do. I had been dealt a hand of cards, and I played them to the best of my ability. It's only in the past few years that I couldn't carry on playing that way, and decided that it was up to me to change the rules.

Debbie

sheene1976
Registered users
Preference: Male (CD Admirer)

Postby sheene1976 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I have no intention of ever transitioning to female but for those that do, I applaud you.

I too are one of the thousands that CD because I decided at a young age to and I also decided to keep it secret from my family but find a great release to share my, I guess hobby isnt the right word, with the great people on here.

I am one of a few that have never gone out in public dressed as a female and it is down to people that think we are wrong or not normal for doing what we do but what I'd like to know is this. What is normal in todays world?

A final sentance to the name callers and the people who abuse us CD's. Leave us the fuck alone to get on with our life and enjoy it to the full.
Providing you're happy with life then who else matters.

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:15 pm

DebbieT wrote:My view: There is no heirarchy, there should be no elitism.

We each have a personal journey that we have to take alone, even if there are other people in our lives, we have to live within our own skin for ever.

Thanks Debbie :) it seems that the mainstream media more that anyone like to divide people, you know "they're ok, but those others aren't " and it's refreshing to know that our own community doesn't necessarily think like that.

For me, I guess who I am today suits me, despite essentially being a bloke in a dress. It's a shame the rest of the world don't understand why, but then I maybe expect too much because it took me a long time to understand why too lol

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Sheene I agree with you. Not everything is right for everyone though. I guess the best we can do is find what fits for us ! We have to question ourselves I feel far more than most, but how do I know that really? I never wasn't a crossdresser:)

Return to “General CrossDressing Chat”