ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Real hair or wig?

Submit a poll or a survey and get feedbak from other members.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Sonya1
Preference: Transgendered

Real hair or wig?

Postby Sonya1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:05 pm

I know we have a mix of girls here with different aspirations but I'm wondering how many here wear a wig for their female look and how many use their own hair and style it? How did you pick a style that you felt suited you? If you got assistance, where from? Including where/how did you buy your wig if you use one? (Can you tell that hair is my sticking point right now?)

For me - when younger I was a long haired surfer type so I used my own hair but that was a long time ago. Because I now keep my hair shorter I would need a wig which I haven't purchased yet. Have gotten zero help except I have played with makeover programs that allow dropping a hairstyle on me head.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

Summer
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Re: Real hair or wig?

Postby Summer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 pm

HI.
I thought of (& tried) a wig when I first got into dressing, but found that it didn't do anything for me at all.
Having calmed down a bit & decided that really I'm no Divine, just a man in a skirt, I will be sticking to my short style.

I can dream, though. :thumbs:
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 pm

I wanted to grow my hair. Sadly, nature decided this wasn't going to be an option.

So wigs it is.

tied1.jpg

:Debbie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cuddles

Postby cuddles » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Wigs – mmm, for those of us deep in the closet, this poses similar problems to going into a store and fingering through frilly lingerie while sensing a thousand eyes scorching through your skull. So I found that if you're going to buy one anyway, then, what the hell, go the whole hog and buy three or four at the same time – since the base of a wig is a kind of hairnet anyway, then you don't have to bother too much with sizes (unless you think you're a clever-clogs and your head is the size of a mountain). So into the shop you traipse, you and your mates in the pub are going to do a stand-up drunken Spice Girls rendition haha very funny and yes I'm an idiot and which Spice Girl do you think I'd suit and, oh, it's 5 of them and not 4? so who's the other one? Oh, I'll have to find another mate then and so that's, what, 2 blondes, 2 brunettes and 1 black-haired? OK I'll take the lot. Can I bring em back after the show? No? Well how much then? HOW MUCH?? Oh, alright then, they'll have to stand me a few bevvies for this lot thanks – and off you go with a clutch of 5 different styled wigs.
Works also with Abba, The Supremes, The Pussycat Dolls and Martha and The Vandellas !!

DebbieT

Postby DebbieT » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm

If you're in a wig shop, you might as well be honest - you won't be their first CD.

If you're honest, they'll be FAR more helpful, and some of them will even trim the wigs to more suit your face.

If you pretend to be buying the Spice girls as well as 3 good wigs, you'll end up with an afro and a ginger wig....I do quite like Emma Bunton's hair though. Do you think she'd mind if I stroke it? Giggle.

:Debbie

Sonya1
Preference: Transgendered

Postby Sonya1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:11 am

Debs - thanks for your candor. You were one I thought was sporting real hair :thumbs: . Looks good to me.

your head is the size of a mountain
That can be a problem for some of us :innocent:
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

mfggurl
Registered users

Postby mfggurl » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:34 am

The call me cue ball at work - for good reason. I shave it clean with a multi-blade razor every few days. Makes for great wig fitment though lol

I did have great hair before the DHT killed it off.

mfggurl
Registered users

Postby mfggurl » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:54 am

Tried to upload a pic but it didn't work and stopped my ability to edit my post. I'll try once more and stop if this one doesn't work.

IMG_20131227_203805_445.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marika
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Marika » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:06 am

Real hair. I've always worn my hair long, so styling it slightly differently isn't a problem. It does tend to add to the likeliness of being mistaken for a woman while in drab - and when I was young, I was teased for looking a bit (very) feminine...

Davina

Postby Davina » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 am

Own. . . .well getting there :innocent:
I don't bother with Hello's anymore as for most of you that's all you'll do here . . . . OMG i'm such a bitch. . . !

Return to “Surveys and Polls”