Real Living Dolls - Channel 4

This section is dedicated to all things crossdressing in TV and Movies.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
GothGirl
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Real Living Dolls - Channel 4

Postby GothGirl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:31 pm

I watched this documentary on Monday 6th Jan.
Not crossdressing as we know it Jim, but guys dressing up in rubber outfits, & masks to look like 'living female dolls' which is fair enough.

I think I was intrigued & freaked out at the same time. At the very least it looked extremely uncomfortable encased in all that rubber & latex.
It made me think of crash test dummies; those mannequins on Dr Who that came to life, & a song by Kraftwerk 'Showroom Dummies'.

It was uncomfortable watching one guy come out to some friends by dressing up as a doll in front of them for the first time. My head was screaming..'You really don't want to do this!'
His female friend looked upset, & was trying to convince herself it was positive thing, but her tears said something else.

I still don't know what to think about this!

Emily
I only smile if I have a reason...

Sonya1
Preference: Transgendered

Re: Real Living Dolls - Channel 4

Postby Sonya1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 am

I still don't know what to think about this!

I think we need to allow people to be who they are ...... both in their actions (dressing s a doll) and their reactions (the friends). It's not always cake and ice cream.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:59 pm

If it makes them happy, fair enough.

But it does give me an insight into people who don't understand us, because I found it a little creepy and didn't understand it. But as I said - if they're happy, that's okay by me.

In my head I just kept screaming: if you want to look like a girl, use make up, a wig and a dress.

But perhaps they don't want to look like a girl. They want to look like a doll.

Debbie

Davina
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby Davina » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:06 pm

If they did explain why they go to such a length . . . . i missed it, interesting thought but did feel uneasy when they were all in the room and there
were so many non expressions . . . ! :shock:
I don't bother with Hello's anymore as for most of you that's all you'll do here . . . . OMG i'm such a bitch. . . !

Sonya1

Postby Sonya1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:54 pm

I didn't see the doc but have seen CD's who use the "fem - masks" --- I too think they're kinda creepy but if that's what floats their boat ... no harm. Fake boobs, butt, makeup etc don't seem to have the same effect as a mask that doesn't change expression. Reminds me of the Marilyn Monroe masks in "Tommy". Sort of points out how important facial expression is to humans. Damn, life is complicated sometimes.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

Summer
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby Summer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:17 pm

I seem to remember that one of our regular posters (who I haven't seen for a short while, now) said they wore a mask on occasion, so perhaps when they return she could give us all an insight into this. :)
Not me, but not mentioning any names either as I can't find the appropriate thread.
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Marika
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Marika » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 pm

I didn't see it, but did see some pictures on the BBC website and on a review of the programme. It's the expressionless masks that are a bit creepy and that is perfectly normal. We are used to reading faces, so masks make us feel uncomfortable. It ain't for me at all. I want to look like and be like a real living breathing woman - flaws an' all, not a doll. But as others have said - each to their own. Who are we to say others are weird?

Sonya1

Postby Sonya1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 pm

not a doll

Certainly not Raggedy Ann but Barbie?

Marika
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Marika » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:06 pm

I think that'd be a bit of a stretch. My waist may be slim, but not that slim...

Return to “CrossDressing In The Movies”