The Hijra

Have you come accross any crossdressing related news or artcles? This is the place to post them to keep up all informed.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Marika
Preference: P/T T-Girl

The Hijra

Postby Marika » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Some pictures of India's hijra. Some very attractive transwomen.

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/these-portraits-of-people-who-identify-as-indias-3rd-gender-group-are-stunning--ZJLTFcliWW?utm_source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

The Hijra are seen as a third gender in India. Life, however isn't a bed of roses - unless you consider the manure and thorns.

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: The Hijra

Postby DebbieT » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 am

The Hijra are one of the lowest castes of people in Indian society, excluded and largely shunned, corralled into ghettos and despised.

They've also been part of Indian society for thousands of years, putting paid to the idea that trans is a 'new' phenomenon.

I dislike the term 'third gender' because it's exclusionary; most of them identify as women, which is (as far as I'm aware) one of the two main genders. There will be some that are non-binary, but all Hijra are lumped into this non-binary, which to me says they're not accepted. And yet, they don't go away.

There was a time when they were used as tax collectors (still are in some districts of India) because it's embarrassing for business owners to be paid a visit from a Hijra.

Debbie

Marika
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Marika » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:39 am

Quite so. Hence my oblique comment. The original post was really to show some very beautiful people. And they are, don't you think?

Karen1950
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby Karen1950 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:36 pm

The Hijra are indeed quite stunning

Return to “CrossDressing in the News”