ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

SPAMMERS AGAIN!

This section is for NON cross Dressing related chat.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
JaneGrey

SPAMMERS AGAIN!

Postby JaneGrey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:00 pm

This spamming issue is becoming more than a talking point, it is downright irritating.

I have counted four or five today and they continue to languish throughout the day, posting many times over and blocking the view to genuine members and visitors to this site.

I have complained at Louise, admin6cd, and cowgomoo. I'm not sure how much cowgomoo actually monitor this site during the day, it seems not at all. As for Louise and admin6cd, whilst I may have moaned at them before on this subject, I'm now of a view that they do have lives to lead and can't be expected to be on here full time. So what's to be done?

I'm not sure who said it but didn't someone suggested quarantining new member applications for 24 to 48 hours? If it's possible and practical to do so, it seems like a good idea to me. Most spammers are quite obvious so wouldn't it be sensible to isolate new applications until they are checked and deemed to be genuine or otherwise? I think that other sites do so. Maybe it could work here.

Jane

PS. I think I've objectively counted 5 new spammers today. I'm alone and surrounded by them at the moment....Help!

Louise4ever
Site Admin
Preference: Transgendered

Re: SPAMMERS AGAIN!

Postby Louise4ever » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Unfortunately I was at work all day, with a chest infection when I should be at home sick, remember for every 5 you see there are 25 you don't.

it's like everything in life Jane you find a way to stop them and they find away around it, the quarantine whilst a good idea for spammers has the potential of discouraging new members as they could have to wait 24 / 48 hours to be able to post.

I think it's worth pointing out that some of these new spammers are actual people posing as cross dressers some have even had pretty good looking profiles (by that I mean look genuine) and then I've seen a link in their Signature for those little blue pills and hey presto we got a spammer.

some have even introduced themselves as CD'ers on this forum then proceeded to spam so you see Jane it's not all black and white

of course you could always join the moderation team and help swing that ban hammer?

Louise4ever
Site Admin

Postby Louise4ever » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:31 pm

OK my Tea is cold but the spam is gone, also Remember the admin saying we had banned certain countries that are known for spamming, they have been blacklisted to these forums (in other words they cannot access them) well yet again they fight back because they are now masking their IP's so they look like they are coming from Germany and USA, places they know we are not going to Blacklist, so yet again we are left looking for a way to stop them.

admincd6
Site Admin
Preference: Male (Straight)

Postby admincd6 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Louise is right. CowGoMoo blocked many well known countries from accessing the site for us. Like Louise also said, the spammers are Real people posing as crossdressers and now use Germany and the USA to spam. If we ask cgm to block these countries we will lose genuIne members.

For the record,we have blocked automated spam as there is a spam bot proof question that needs answering before joining.

Still, we will see what else we can do. One thing worth bearing in mind is that these spammers are not exclusive to us. Another thing CGM suggested was making the join page invisible on google searches, which seems to be what spammers look for to save time.

Sorry I have not been around but I am moving house.

Louise4ever
Site Admin

Postby Louise4ever » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Yes if you've seen those ad's on the internet saying "earn £500 a day Surfing the internet" well this sort of spamming is what you would be doing for your money and you have to get a lot of people clicking the links you post to earn that £500, this is why I say don't draw attention to them and ignore them, if they see the amount of activity being generated by the spam they see it as worth while, what we want is them to see us as not worth the bother. that would with the measures put in place by CGM would greatly reduce this issue.

JaneGrey

Postby JaneGrey » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi Louise,

I hope you are feeling better?

As for spammers and their treatment, I'm always sceptical but always prepared to wait and see how the new measures work.

As for me moderating and swinging a "ban hammer", I certainly would not do the job!

Firstly I wouldn't take on a job that I knowingly haven't the time to do well.

Secondly, I'm IT fascinated but IT incompetent. I would fiddle with the system in an attempt to make it do something it can't do. Eventually I would break and corrupt it. As a child I used to take things apart then be unable to put them back together. That's why I became an Engineer!

Thirdly, although it doesn't appear in my profile, I'm actually a megalomaniac! Within a week I would be swinging that ban hammer so regularly in order to silence opposition to anything I say. I would be banging the podium with my fist (not my watch hand of course. My watch come's from Tesco's so I'm not certain it's shockproof) demanding attention and unconditional subservience! I think I would be lecturing an empty rally. The membership would be gone like a shot.

Best wishes

"Miss Jane"

PS. If your methods fail, please be aware that I have a solution for the spammer problem.

Return to “Non CrossDressing Related Chat”