ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Spam attacks

This section is for NON cross Dressing related chat.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
sheene1976
Registered users
Preference: Male (CD Admirer)

Spam attacks

Postby sheene1976 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:00 am

Morning Ladies.

I've been following a lot of posts\topics on here and receiving a lot of notification mails when the post is updated but sadly most are spam updates.

Is there any way that something could be included when we post to prove we aren't robots or spammers like some sites do where you have to regognise random characters then hit a button labelled 'i am not a robot'?
Providing you're happy with life then who else matters.

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Spam attacks

Postby DebbieT » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:11 am

I've asked for similar, but the board isn't geared up for it. It does require proof you're not a robot when you sign up, but this is circumvented by crowd sourcing registration. TBH, it's flipping pointless, however, they don't care.

I've had a few days off for a little get-together in Manchester called Sparkle, so there were a few more than normal.

There are ways and means around it, but Spammers are ingenious, so I clear the Spam each morning, and when we get a Spam storm, the board is taken off-line while new security measures are put in place that work for a few days, then they start to come back in dribs and drabs.

Debbie

sheene1976
Registered users

Postby sheene1976 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 am

Bit like real life. There's always an idiot wanting to spoil things for us.

Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Postby Sara.G » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 am

Unfortunately, as Debbie says the anti-spam only works to a point and whatever we do only keeps them at bay for a short while. The very nature of the board doesn't help either as we have to appreciate that there will always be non-posting members, members who want to remain totally anonymous and those who use VPN's or proxy networks to post. This means that we can't get rid of zero post members after an arbitary period, neither can we ban by anything other than username since both IP's and email could be a consequence of the desire to remain hidden.

It is doubly unfortunate that Debbie has been having a break for Sparkle etc and that I have had family issues which meant an unexpected trip to Scotland and simply not being able to actually have time to turn on the PC. Work hasn't helped either, the past few weeks when I have been there have involved 15 hour days and visiting areas of the UK I really wouldn't go to if I had the choice - most of which have been associated with the state of our wonderful motorways.

I will try to get back online more regularly now that things are calming down again.
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

sheene1976
Registered users

Postby sheene1976 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Never liked spam. Always preferred corned beef :)

Return to “Non CrossDressing Related Chat”