ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

New Security Measures

News and information about the CrossDressing Zone. Please note, Only Admins and Moderators can post on here.
Louise4ever
Site Admin
Preference: Transgendered

New Security Measures

Postby Louise4ever » Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Last night I installed and configured re-Capture on the site's signup page,

for those who aren't technically minded this is an anti-bot device using distorted pictures of words, letters and numbers which are only readable by the human eye and they have to be retyped into a text box to prove you are a human being.

this won't effect our current members only those signing up for the first time, even tho the spam is now zero and the spammers are beginning to give up even trying to make accounts doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying to improve the site where I can.

as always, suggestions, feedback and above all praise are always welcome :d

Louise <3

Louise4ever
Site Admin
Preference: Transgendered

Re: New Security Measures

Postby Louise4ever » Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm

well good news people, since I introduced the Re-Capture security measure for new sign-ups we have had ZERO (nill) spam accounts created
now this is great because even with the previous measures they were still making accounts and they were sometimes still posting (even though the post couldn't be seen my anyone but the admin team) so I have to conclude that this new measure has ultimately cured the problem (famous last words)

anyway what I am planning to do now is relax the other security measures like displaying birthdays and allowing new members to post un-moderated and automatic promotion after posting in the introduction section.

I know this sounds like an open invitation to the spammers but all these measures can be put back on if needs be but what I want is for the whole experience to be easier for our genuine new members and are long term members also, so if over the next few days you do see some spam please don't panic I will remove it and re-instate the previous measures.

till next time

have a nice bank holiday weekend everyone!

Louise <3

Return to “CrossDressing Forum News and Announcements”