ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Cross dressing in the future?

Every girl has a dream. If you wish for something, in fact anything at all to do with crossdressing then post t here, it could come true. Probably highly unlikely but hey it's all good fun!
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Cross dressing in the future?

Postby Sara.G » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:00 am

So Mrs G was browsing Netflix the other day and she started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation from series 1 episode 1 - being a bit of a Trekkie I wholly encouraged the idea.

Anyway, some of the imagined future tech in the shows got me thinking ....

The transporter supposedly works by breaking the target down into particles/energy (which according to physics can be interchangeable providing conservation of energy etc are followed), this stream of particles/energy is then projected to a target point and reconstituted. At the same time a snapshot image of the target's energy/particle pattern is created to safeguard against almost all malfunctions.

My thought was assuming all the quantum mechanics conditions such as conservation of energy and/or matter were met could the reconstituted form was able to be altered, i.e allowing male (female) A to specify height, body shape, hair length, bust (genital) size etc and be reconstituted as female (male) A. The limitation would be how long the saved image could be preserved for, after this time the change would be irreversible and become permanent. Female (male) A would have to return before the expiry point to be returned to "normal" having enjoyed a much-enhanced transgender experience.

If this allowed transporter tech could be adapted to allow either short-term gender change or permanent gender change, I could see the short-term option becoming the cross-dressing of the future, the advantages would be that the cross-dresser would now have a real, anatomically correct body relating to their gender choice available when they wished to present as the opposite gender.

The long-term/permanent option whilst undoubtedly quicker and less traumatic than today's methods would still, in my opinion, require some counselling since once the saved image had degraded beyond usefulness there would be no going back, except perhaps by choosing another body-form (This mirrors the few cases where a gender reassigned person has requested a second change to go back to their original gender and has discovered that some aspects can't be restored completely and require prosthetic substitutes). Obviously many of the psychological aspects of gender-change would still apply and these would still need to addressed to prepare the individual for their new life.

However, the "possibilities" of such applications should such tech be invented pose some interesting questions and it is quite nice to imagine a world where we could venture forth without make-up sponsored by DIY wall fillers or our inherent physical characteristics acting as a huge neon arrow above us (imagined or otherwise). Or the ability to wear clothing regardless of style or cut, as there would no longer be the need to disguise that certain parts existed or were prosthetic.

Anyone else got any thoughts on the future of our gender-dysphoric section of society?
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Cross dressing in the future?

Postby DebbieT » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 am

Away from the realms of science fiction, extrapolating from the past into the future (something I've done successfully in the past) is that changes in society are more subtle than changes in tech,

The internet caused a sea-change in cultural perceptions, allowing more people access to a wider idea base and removing the strictures of television and newspaper media; much like television did when it came out, and the printing press before that.

So whilst we're not going to be on hoverboards on Mars any time soon, if ever, culturally the shift will be towards the more accepting of non-normal people. Which is why the right wing are so arsey and on the up at the moment. The older generation can see their ideals being replaced by a more tolerant approach and giving the right wing a voice...

In twenty years, it'll be totally okay to be gay and/or trans.

In forty years, people will look back at the fuore and wonder why people could think that way, intolerence will be untolerated.

The same way disablism is viewed now and racism is almost at the point of.

Who knows, shops may even ditch the concept of "menswear" and "womenswear", and just go for "clothes".

Debbie

sheene1976
Registered users
Preference: Male (CD Admirer)

Postby sheene1976 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm

The only thing I would wish for is for people to accept us for who we are and not to ridicule us or think what we do is dirty.

In my previous job, I was good freinds with the electrician (both being bikers) and a few years ago, I was told that a former workmate had seen him walking through a busy city centre in full female attire with others dressed the same way. My former freind couldn't stop laughing or pulling the piss but do you know what I said? My response was 'good on him, if that's what he enjoys then why not?' I think you can tell why I referred to this freind as 'former'.
Providing you're happy with life then who else matters.

HelenR
Preference: Transgendered

Postby HelenR » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:05 pm

That transporter/body-changing thingy might be ok until a fly gets in there with you, then....
Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Summer
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby Summer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:08 pm

"You cannot change the laws of Physics!"

. . . but I'm not sure we've learned all of the laws of Physics, though.
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Sara.G

Postby Sara.G » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Summer wrote:"You cannot change the laws of Physics!"

. . . but I'm not sure we've learned all of the laws of Physics, though.

What I always loved about that particular quote was that invariably Scotty always managed to find some solution to the impending disaster.

sheene1976 wrote:The only thing I would wish for is for people to accept us for who we are and not to ridicule us or think what we do is dirty.

I think that with time, given that there are more transgender spectrum people identifying themselves and choosing to express the fact, things will shift towards acceptance or at least tolerance. Many of those who hurl abuse at people like us do so because they are either small-minded individuals who feel the need to make a lot of noise to justify their own pitiful existence or they know that they are exactly like us but lack the courage to admit the fact to themselves.

HelenR wrote:That transporter/body-changing thingy might be ok until a fly gets in there with you, then....
Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Pass the sugary water please ..... :frrrt:
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

Sonya1
Preference: Transgendered

Postby Sonya1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Unrelated to Star Trek or quantum mechanics but still in the SciFi realm, does anyone recall a pretty popular film from the early late 70's/early 80's called "Altered States" starring William Hurt? The general idea was that our brains controlled the on/off of various genes and that our perceptions of "ourselves", if strong enough, could alter our physical form. Pretty out there but I liked the idea that they took the biochemistry of our being and its regulation by the brain to an extreme ----.

Also ----- I thought mind altering stuff was pretty cool back then, including sensory deprivation tanks, which I'd never even heard of until then. :shock:
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

Sara.G

Postby Sara.G » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 am

Sonya1 wrote:Unrelated to Star Trek or quantum mechanics but still in the SciFi realm, does anyone recall a pretty popular film from the early late 70's/early 80's called "Altered States" starring William Hurt? The general idea was that our brains controlled the on/off of various genes and that our perceptions of "ourselves", if strong enough, could alter our physical form. Pretty out there but I liked the idea that they took the biochemistry of our being and its regulation by the brain to an extreme ----.

Also ----- I thought mind altering stuff was pretty cool back then, including sensory deprivation tanks, which I'd never even heard of until then. :shock:

Altered States .... sounds like my brain at the best of times at present!!! What with all the painkillers, antibiotics and steroids the doctors are feeding me to deal with the abscess in my lymph glands. I swear that I rattle if I move too quickly lol

Return to “CrossDressers' Wish List”