Nottingham

Every girl loves a party. If you know of any corssdressing even or party, we want to know about it.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Georgina
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Nottingham

Postby Georgina » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:49 pm

It's finally time. I feel ready for my first meet up. Nottingham isn't too far away from me, and there is a group that meet there. I have been on their website and message board a while and get the feeling it's a pretty active group. But a week today will be my first time there, and my first time out. I'm just delighted to finally feel it's the right time for Georgina to unleash herself on the world. Sometimes just making a decision is positive ! :)
It is not why, it just is

Summer

Re: Nottingham

Postby Summer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Good for you.
I find it amazingly friendly, and hope you'll get the same experience.
I have been to CD or other LGBT groups which are a bit unenthusiastic but these, being local, tend to be more invigorating.

If you get some pics of you there that'd be great too.
x
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Why do parents ring at all he most inauspicious times with the most onerous tasks ? Literally as I'm just starting to get ready mother (who has had her new house plastered) asks me to put the radiators back on. So I'm putting radiators on an hour and a half before the meet up starts

In the end it turned out ok and one of the benefits of having a fast car is that I was early, which was probably worse, remember that this was my first time in any sort of meeting, in fact my first time in public. I partially dressed before setting off, partially changed in a room they had available for the purpose, which was difficult as I forgot my mirror. I actually think it would probably be best to arrive dressed in future and if I can find ways to get past the prying eyes on our street then that's exactly what I'd do.

Onto the group: They aim to cater for everyone on the trans* spectrum, (which is just as well, because I don't know where I fit on it) and people from all parts were there. Meetings are fortnightly, and I got the feeling that it's got a "drop in when you need to" aspect to it and not everyone goes every time. There were about 12 ladies and one partner there on the night as a rough count. They are possibly the friendliest group of people I have ever met, tremendously positive and quick to put you at ease . I like them ! :cool: I'll definitely be going back.

I also found out there is a monthly night out, Nottingham Invasion, and about another 2 or 3 groups in the city . All this, and only 25 miles from home, I needn't feel alone.

I didn't get any photos, Summer, it was over far too quickly, but I wish I could bottle and keep the feelings of being natural, the feelings of normality the feeling of being valid it meant quite a lot

Anyway I got home just before midnight and had a cider, and another one, so I'm worse for wear today ...

rhonda

Postby rhonda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Sounds like a great time Georgina. It`s nice to have a group you can feel comfortable with. I have the same problem with the neighbors prying eyes.
xxxRhonda

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks Rhonda, it's honestly nice to have a home, my own nerves and clumsiness aside. I'm comfortable in Nottingham too, it was my university city.

kathy123

Postby kathy123 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:12 pm

So glad you had a great time. Those memories will last a lifetime. Always seems there is some sort of sidetracking just when you want to be focused. That is why I really enjoy dressing when away on vacation the most ;) . (Plus I can get in a few days in a row..... which can never happen at home)

Kathy

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 am

Ah....the Nottingham invasion. Yes - definitely go on it, you'll have a whale of a time.

Hopefully, they still go to the Foresters. Nice pub, but I heard they were switching venues at some point.

Remembering to take pictures on your first time out is nigh on impossible.

All the pictures I have from my first time were taken by somebody else.

Debbie

Georgina

Postby Georgina » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi Debbie, yes they still go to the Forresters which apparently has been made an asset of community value because of its importance to the LGBTQ community. I thought it was a really nice touch

Return to “CrossDressing Events and Meets”