ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

How to shave my legs without red bumps

Want other CrossDresser's opinions? Ask away ladies this is the section just for this purpose.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
haifacd
Newly registered users

How to shave my legs without red bumps

Postby haifacd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi..

Im new to this... but i want my body to be smooth all over. I tried shaving before and came up with red bumps on my thighs.. how can i do it right? Also, Im looking to go to some crossdressing meetings in sheffield.. do you know of any?

Thanks..

Haifa

Chloe44
Registered users
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Re: How to shave my legs without red bumps

Postby Chloe44 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Haifa, I use a hair removal cream called Marzena. It's easy to put on, leave it for a few few minutes then wipe off and rinse your skin under running water. Easy, quite quick and it leaves your skin feeling very smooth, no stubble. Only drawback is some people can get a reaction to it. You won't know until you try it. If you apply it weekly it also slows down regrowth.

Chloe

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:33 pm

haifacd wrote:Hi..

Im new to this... but i want my body to be smooth all over. I tried shaving before and came up with red bumps on my thighs.. how can i do it right? Also, Im looking to go to some crossdressing meetings in sheffield.. do you know of any?

Thanks..

Haifa

My experience is your skin takes awhile to get used to shaving. Remember when you first started shaving your face as teenager?
The red bumps are the hairs trying to grow back through the skin, so they need to be released. As your skin is new to shaving it's soft & sensitive- particularly the inner thighs.

The following is what I do to minimise problems with those red bumps:

A soak in the bath with moisuring bubble bath before shaving to soften the hairs.
After shaving use loads of moisturing lotion.

24 hours after shaving massage into your skin something like Nad's ingrow gel or ingro go.

48 hours after shaving another soak in bubble bath- preferably in the evening. A lot of red pimples may appear on your inner thighs when you get in, but for me this seems to be part of the process. Gently exfoliate your skin with exfoliating gloves & moisturizing body wash. Not too hard, or your skin will look like Torvill & Dean have been using you for skating practice.
When you come out of the bath, your skin may look quite angry & spotty. Slap on loads more body moisturizer, & spend the rest of the evening allowing the air to get your skin while it calms down. A short shift dress is good for this lol , but any loose clothing will do.

Morning after you should find your skin is looking alot better & really smooth.

Unfortunately it seems you have to take some time to get to know your skin, & how it reacts to shaving. You will have good & bad days, but over time the problems seem to lessen as your skin gets used it, & you find a regime that works for you.

Emily
X
I only smile if I have a reason...

HelenR
Preference: Transgendered

Postby HelenR » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm assuming you wet shave your legs. When you wet shave the top layer of skin changes and if you leave a gap between shaves it returns to normal ie sensitive. If you can't shave your legs every day or two try switching to an electric shaver. I use a Phillishave and moisturise before and after and I am very happy with this

admincd6
Site Admin
Preference: Male (Straight)

Postby admincd6 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

I recently moved house and found my old straight edge razor (also known as cut throat razor). So I gave a go at shaving and my legs. After 15 minutes stripping it did a beautiful job and I did not cut myself once :thumbs:

I would not advise others to try it as it does take some practice. :d

silkiehose
Registered users

Postby silkiehose » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 am

I have never tried the hair removing creams just shaving. N thats pretty much wut i stick 2. But some times its the razors that make the difference and the shaving creams as well 2.

Summer

Postby Summer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi, haifaCD.
I don't know how old you are, but as mentioned earlier if you're not used to shaving anywhere very much it does take some time to let your skin adjust.
Having shaved my face for long long time, now I thought my legs would react the same way, but they didn't.
When I first shaved my legs it was during a long soak. I didn't put much in the way of shaving gel/foam on & as a result my legs burned for several days :shock: :puke: :shock: :shock: . I decided to do bits at a time, after that, to work out which way the hair on different areas of my legs needed to be done until I could do them easily.

My opinion is to make sure legs are wet (& if possible soaked), then to use enough shaving gel & go slow.
To start I shaved "with" the hair rather than against it, but as I got better & wanted a much smoother shave I found I could go against if I wasn't too rough.

Then I did what others have done - cream. :love:

Not allowed to shave these days but I loved the feeling when I was allowed. lol
Enjoy.
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Arielle

Postby Arielle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Waxing works wonders, lasts longer, no bumps, and hair grows back thinner every time. The only thing you will have to get used to is the initial pain, it hurts to be beautiful. lol
-"80's girl forever!"

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 am

I'm with Arielle.

Waxing is the way forward.

Once every six weeks I get them waxed.

I also use exfoliating gloves in the shower after using moisturising body wash, and then I use a body moisturiser afterwards.

The waxing gets rid of the hairs, and my beauty regime makes my skin feel lovely.

The one downside to this is that I take longer in the bathroom. My wife complains I spend longer than her. :( lol.

:Debbie

Sonya1
Preference: Transgendered

Postby Sonya1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:41 pm

So plucking with tweezers, like eyebrows, is frowned upon? Dang, and after 2+ yrs I'm almost down to my knee on one leg.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

Return to “Ask A CrossDresser (Opinions)”