ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Gender Clinic

Want other CrossDresser's opinions? Ask away ladies this is the section just for this purpose.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
AlisonC
Registered users
Preference: Transgendered

Gender Clinic

Postby AlisonC » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Received my appointment before Christmas to attend the Gender Clinic at Chalmers Street, Edinburgh on the 11th Jan 2017. Having been in male mode for a fortnight I'm beginning to have qualms about what In should say. Never mind what harm in having a chat with them.
Back dressed for the last three days and feeling good.
Alison x

Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Re: Gender Clinic

Postby Sara.G » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Best of luck Alison .... hope all goes well for you.
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

HelenR

Postby HelenR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:44 am

Your first appointment will be an interview or assessment. They will ask about your history with family and friends, drink and drugs, mental health, stuff like that. Nothing will be decided at this initial meeting. It is quite important to be honest and to tell them what you want. I would advise you to go dressed if you can though they will understand if you don't. At the GIC in London I was told that, if I wanted, I could change there so as to be dressed for the interview.
I wish you good luck but you won't need it, you will be fine.
Best wishes
Helen

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 am

Always remember:
1. They're there to help you
2. They're not trying to trip you up
3. Be honest
4. Have fun

As Helen says, go dressed, it makes a far better impression.

Tell them of any plans you have to help your own transition, such as self-medication, changing your name, coming out at work/to friends, that kind of thing.

They'll understand that you won't have a clue what's going to happen, and they'll lead you through the assessment with gentle questions.

At the end of it, don't expect to be taken to a ward to surgically transition! Nothing changes after this, it is for them to gauge if you are a suitable candidate for their services. You wouldn't be going if you weren't!

Debbie

AlisonC
Registered users

Postby AlisonC » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:01 am

Attended my first session yesterday 11th Jan. enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Based on what I had told him through the interview, he said I was at the right place for my Gender Dysphoria. To be continued next month.
Alison x

Return to “Ask A CrossDresser (Opinions)”