ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Breaking in shoes

Want other CrossDresser's opinions? Ask away ladies this is the section just for this purpose.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Penelope65
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Breaking in shoes

Postby Penelope65 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:27 pm

How long does it take to properly break in a new pair of ladies shoes? It is just seven months since I went outside dressed for the first time and for my first excursions, which were towards the end of the winter, I wore boots. Early in the summer, guessing boots might get uncomfortable in hot weather, I bought a pair of flat-soled slip-on shoes. The first time I wore them, although they are the correct size, they cut my heels quite badly in the short walk to and from a shop just around the corner. Since then I've worn them again for a visit to a shop just a little further away and this time there were no problems, however this morning I went out in them for a much longer trip, to a superstore about two miles away (yes, I walked!). When I had almost reached the store I noticed they had started cutting my heels. Perhaps they are just not really suitable for such a long walk in a single go. Or maybe this long walk has helped significantly to break them in. Opinions please, they will be much appreciated.

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Breaking in shoes

Postby DebbieT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:18 am

Put them in the freezer overnight before you wear them next time. Take them out an hour before you need to wear them to let them warm up, and then wear them.

Sounds weird...but I've found it works.

Debbie

Penelope65

Postby Penelope65 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks Deb, I'll give it a try

Karen1950
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby Karen1950 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 am

Then you can say look at my cool new shoes........
:d

HelenR
Preference: Transgendered

Postby HelenR » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:48 am

An old army trick was to fill your boots with pee and leave overnight. There are always loose peas in my freezer.

SweetSarah
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby SweetSarah » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:55 pm

DebbieT wrote:Put them in the freezer overnight before you wear them next time. Take them out an hour before you need to wear them to let them warm up, and then wear them.

Sounds weird...but I've found it works.

Debbie

I've never heard of that before. Learn something every day. I started a habit as a little kid to include one thing I learned that day as dinner conversation. Dad started me on that and I continue it today. I don't however think I'll tell my S.O.that, "I learned from Debbie today that if I put my new ladies heels in the freezer the break in period will be improved." As much as I think that tip (if it works really) would be helpful to her as well, I'll have to come up with another way to stumble across that info so I can share it!!!!

HelenR
Preference: Transgendered

Postby HelenR » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:24 pm

I read that you can strengthen tights by freezing them. It pre-stresses the material just like when you stretch out party balloons before you blow them up, to stop them bursting. First unwrap your new tights and moisten them a little, under the tap. Then put the damp tights in a plastic bag and pop them in the freezer overnight. The next day you move them from the freezer to the fridge and let them thaw gradually. When thoroughly thawed you take them out, dry them off and wear. Apparently this actually makes them stronger and more elastic and if you do manage to catch them on something they are also a little more resistant to running.

Sara.G

Postby Sara.G » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:34 pm

These ideas could open up a whole new approach to womenswear retail, soon this will be a familiar phrase heard in supermarkets globally ....

Woman (or crossdresser etc.) to partner/friend etc :" Ooh I need to just quickly head to the freezer aisle to grab a pair of "Debbie's easy break-in" heels and a new pair of tights for work"

Either that or potential crossdressers across the land will soon be easily spotted by which freezers they linger by in Sainsbury's lol

On a serious note, I'm not sure whether the "army method" will work too well with synthetic materials but it should be ok with 100% leather - though instead of bodily fluids, I would recommend stuffing them with wet newspaper for a less smelly alternative, unless smelling like an incontinent old lady is part of the image you are looking to achieve. :shock:
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

Return to “Ask A CrossDresser (Opinions)”