New wig

Want other CrossDresser's opinions? Ask away ladies this is the section just for this purpose.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Karen1950
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

New wig

Postby Karen1950 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Oops, I wish I had asked before about wigs. I did a little research then took the plunge and bought what I thought was a short dark brown Bob from the Forever Young range. Turns out to be darker, thicker and longer than I thought. After much messing about and a trimming session on the fringe I thought it was about as good as it gets.....however I look like Les from the TV (I mean television here) series Benidorm!
Is the trick to start with as short as possible with wigs and work up?
Help!
Karen
xx :shock:

rhonda

Re: New wig

Postby rhonda » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 pm

I think finding the right wig is a complete crap shoot. The usually look so good at the stores and on models, but when you try them on they don`t suit you at all. I have tried various styles and lengths and finally landed on my favorite style, a mid length, straight, dishwater blonde, with thin banks. I prefer them at least shoulder length to kinda distract from my long neck and somewhat broader them most ladies shoulders. Guess it comes down to personal preference......Good luck!!

Karen1950

Postby Karen1950 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 am

Hi Rhonda
Your hair looks fine, I will just have to spend more time and care with this as you did. I think I will try a shorter thinner style next and in a lighter colour. I was hoping to have it all sorted this week and go for an Avatar update, but too soon as yet. Meanwhile the scissors are coming out again today!
Karen
:innocent:

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:15 pm

My first wig is blonde and long and awful but was cheap. Second wig is mid length and more towards my natural color of brown and beautiful. But cost twice as much. Trying various ones can be expensive but worth it in long run.

Lexi Lee
Registered users

Postby Lexi Lee » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 am

My first wig was also blonde, way too thick, and a total pain to manage. It was a cheapie synthetic with curls in it, and I never could get it to look right. I eventually tossed it, and got a red/auburn one from a costume shop. It's another cheapie, but looks way better than the blonde one. If I had to do it over again, the thiner the better, and the flatter the better.

It's a crap-shoot, and there's really one way to learn what will look and keep well, and what will look like a rat's nest after one use :(

Lexi

Karen1950

Postby Karen1950 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Yep, only way to go is buy and hope for the best. I am now on wig 2, but the first one is better. Both are dark brown so might consider blonde next.
Still exploring this one.

Welcome to the site Lexi.
Karen
:d

Davina
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby Davina » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Do bear in mind girls when buying wigs . . . . . if your getting a mid range around say £50 - £100 and is human hair these should be very full as usually theses are to be cut/ thinned out and styled to to suite the shape of your face and to to give you the right weight so it hangs correct and doesn't look like a toupee, colour is up to you, synthetic ones should be band! happy shopping :thumbs:
I don't bother with Hello's anymore as for most of you that's all you'll do here . . . . OMG i'm such a bitch. . . !

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 am

Got my third wig now. It's beautiful and long. Racheal welsh collection. Always
http://www.wigs.com/always-by-raquel-we ... 3440405370

I like synthetic because it holds curl and style. Just flip on and brush

francof
Newly registered users
Preference: Female (Straight)

Postby francof » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Ginger wrote:Got my third wig now. It's beautiful and long. Racheal welsh collection. Always

Great! thats good advices.

SweetSarah

Postby SweetSarah » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Ginger wrote:Got my third wig now. It's beautiful and long. Racheal welsh collection. Always

I love that one. I salivate at those Raquel lines, but haven't scrapped up $150 yet for new hair. Maybe soon.

Return to “Ask A CrossDresser (Opinions)”