Shoe sizes and lies lies lies!

Want other CrossDresser's opinions? Ask away ladies this is the section just for this purpose.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Sweet Rosa
Registered users
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Re: Shoe sizes and lies lies lies!

Postby Sweet Rosa » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Yes. It is hit and Miss...but i bought a pair from Evans at the weekend and they were spot on. Size 10 in the wide fitting. All good. They don't do a huge range but you can get by. Over the pond it really is another story...i was there a few weeks back and i think i need a size 13 or something mad...!

Sonya1
Preference: Transgendered

Postby Sonya1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 pm

It is sad when you shop for shoes online and see some really cute ones and click the size --- awww. Only up to US women's size 10. Again. The larger shoe sizes usually end up being some of the worst looking things I've ever seen. Boots too. Dang if I can find a cute pair of heeled ankle boots in my size but I can find wellies.

That said - I did pretty good with a pair of Pleaser high heeled sandals --- umm, pretty high like 5". So then I can be up there with Debbie at 6 foot 19 inches tall - and duck through the doorways Frankenstein! But they fit pretty nicely and I do pretty well with them on - even stairs.

http://soleshoppers.com/main/products/P ... Black.html

Couldn't seem to copy/paste the pic so here's what you're missing (disclaimer - not my foot). And I just noticed that my heels have a 2 strap-wrap with no heel cup. So the pic is close but not quite.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

Sonya1

Postby Sonya1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Tried to edit but too late - anyway here's MY cuties! http://www.snaz75.com/pl-lip-125.html

Got 'em quite a bit cheaper too.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)

nicola2011

Postby nicola2011 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 pm

I take a size 12 so I have to buy on line and found A site called Ultimate-Shoes ,bought 2 pairs and found they fitted perfect.They do different sizes and different styles.As for height with my heels I'm 6ft 9 :thumbs:

slinkygurl
Registered users

Postby slinkygurl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks for your replies girls. I would have posted an image if I could work out how to. I guess I have to host them externally and link to them.

Suffice to say Arielle, yes I did buy solely on the basis of looks without a thought for comfort (not a single one, once, ever!). And a couple of pairs almost certainly fit into the 'novelty' category you mention (ahem!). However although all are dress shoes two of them are more court shoe peep toe style with only 4" rather than 5" heel and would probably be wearable were my toes not crushed foot binding style into them. None are anywhere near as sensible as the ones you have pictured. You seem to have struck a good balance between comfort and style. I would also guess yours have the width to allow the toes through Sonya. Certainly none of mine are really suitable for day wear, they are more in the club/cocktail dress category. I have yet to decide whether I live in the real world or not.

At least I don't have the large size/height issue which some of you seem to. My heart goes out to you as this must add further complications to the already tricky conundrum.

So I guess it's either throw them away or re-sell as suggested, or just suffer and hope they stretch and limit my walking to a couple of hundred yards in an evening, until I manage to strike that elusive balance between comfort and looks.

It is a difficult path with a low hit rate this one as many of you have already experienced.

x

Sonya1

Postby Sonya1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 am

Slinky - half the fun of shopping is the dream and anticipation isn't it? And that has never hurt my feet. My psyche, for sure but never my feet!

Arielle

Postby Arielle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 am

slinkygurl wrote:Thanks for your replies girls. I would have posted an image if I could work out how to. I guess I have to host them externally and link to them.

Suffice to say Arielle, yes I did buy solely on the basis of looks without a thought for comfort (not a single one, once, ever!). And a couple of pairs almost certainly fit into the 'novelty' category you mention (ahem!). However although all are dress shoes two of them are more court shoe peep toe style with only 4" rather than 5" heel and would probably be wearable were my toes not crushed foot binding style into them. None are anywhere near as sensible as the ones you have pictured. You seem to have struck a good balance between comfort and style. I would also guess yours have the width to allow the toes through Sonya. Certainly none of mine are really suitable for day wear, they are more in the club/cocktail dress category. I have yet to decide whether I live in the real world or not.

At least I don't have the large size/height issue which some of you seem to. My heart goes out to you as this must add further complications to the already tricky conundrum.

So I guess it's either throw them away or re-sell as suggested, or just suffer and hope they stretch and limit my walking to a couple of hundred yards in an evening, until I manage to strike that elusive balance between comfort and looks.

It is a difficult path with a low hit rate this one as many of you have already experienced.

x

Hehe lol it is okay. This is something most went through. Look at ggs and see what they are wearing, you will see most do not wear 5" heels on a day-to-day basis (even at special occassions such as banquets). Most women I have known do not even own a pair of 5" heels, 3.5"-4" is usually the sweet spot for comfort. Heels with platforms are also something to consider; you can have a 4" heel but if it has a decent platform can technically wear like 2" heel (a good way to cheat). Something else to consider is what type of terrain are you might encounter, when I went to the park in 4" stilletos the whole outfit was awesome but I found myself sinking into the dirt as my heels were not "chunky" enough to traverse on the pathway; good times indeed. :innocent: Chunky heels or wedges are great candidates for girls seeking the casual look who do not want to go the ballerina flat route (me). Here are some I purchased yesterday that fit this particular segment (note shoes like these are very versitile and can be worn for "dressy" occasions as well).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-"80's girl forever!"

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 pm

I take a UK size 9, & never really had a problem with size 9 womens shoes fitting until just last week!
I usually buy my shoes from Brantano, but the other day ordered some size 9 shoes with low heel from La Radoute. They arrived really fast, but was disappointed when I tried them on that I couldn't even get my feet in them.

I just exchanged them for size 9.5, & these ones fit perfectly.

maybe I've been lucky up until now.
Also my little toes are bent inwards because my mum crushed my feet into too small shoes when I was little. Think this is why I usually am able to get into narrow pointed shoes.
mums egh?

I always try & go for leather womens shoes as well.
Emily
I only smile if I have a reason...

slinkygurl
Registered users

Postby slinkygurl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:11 am

Once again ladies your replies have been very useful!

My 5 " heels do have a bit of a platform, but it probably only knocked an inch off the heel size (which are the thickness of a pencil).

And yes it is a good idea to watch gg's in daywear, I got locked into fantasy images instead (wonder why...), but am now expanding my horizons stimulated by the catalyst of your picture Arielle and your Store recommendation Gothgirl. So I have struck a balance between practical and sexy and made my first sensible shoe purchase, perfectly timed in a sale that lasts for the next day (Woohoo!). I will wait till they arrive and then if they fit well will find a way to post an image or link in celebration.

The only thing is as you suggest Sonya, the dream has now kicked in as it seems each pair of shoes suggest its own outfit, bag and jewellery, and even makeup, especially now I've moved in a different direction. I can now see the root of womens obsessions with shoes, bags and accessories, and how it can end (or start!) with needing walk in room sized wardrobes.

Here goes...

x

Arielle

Postby Arielle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 am

slinkygurl wrote:Once again ladies your replies have been very useful!

My 5 " heels do have a bit of a platform, but it probably only knocked an inch off the heel size (which are the thickness of a pencil).

And yes it is a good idea to watch gg's in daywear, I got locked into fantasy images instead (wonder why...), but am now expanding my horizons stimulated by the catalyst of your picture Arielle and your Store recommendation Gothgirl. So I have struck a balance between practical and sexy and made my first sensible shoe purchase, perfectly timed in a sale that lasts for the next day (Woohoo!). I will wait till they arrive and then if they fit well will find a way to post an image or link in celebration.

The only thing is as you suggest Sonya, the dream has now kicked in as it seems each pair of shoes suggest its own outfit, bag and jewellery, and even makeup, especially now I've moved in a different direction. I can now see the root of womens obsessions with shoes, bags and accessories, and how it can end (or start!) with needing walk in room sized wardrobes.

Here goes...

x

Aww, glad I helped expand your horizons and expirement with new things; that is what life is all about. ;) Now you are getting it, with female clothes the "layering aspect" is the key; way more in depth than male's clothing. As you have said shoes definitely suggest their own outfit, accessories, makeup etc. it is a phenomenal process. Glad you found your own balance between practicality and sexy, soon enough you will come up with your own unique style like no one else's. Feel free to post pics of your progress down the road. :thumbs:
-"80's girl forever!"

Return to “Ask A CrossDresser (Opinions)”