ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Terminology

Want other CrossDresser's opinions? Ask away ladies this is the section just for this purpose.
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Summer
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Terminology

Postby Summer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:50 am

Hi, Happy Christmas to all of you gurls.
I need your opnion as to terminology. Having read quite a few posts here on this site it seems to be a lot more gentle/femme than other more "direct" sites. The introduction I put on here didn't go down too well, so just wondering whether people here liked terms like "tranny", or think this is too coarse for this site.
I am a straight(ish) m2f crossdresser to a small extent, but find the term tranny OK. What do you ll think about different terms like this?
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Davina
Preference: Transitioning Female

Re: Terminology

Postby Davina » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Hunnie,

Tranny is a global term with a single meaning” Transvestite” to the uneducated “Oh hark at me getting on me orce “ we are all under a different banner ! all at various stages be it Cd,Tv,Tg,Ts ect and at levels within that personally for me its not offensive, but as Cass said its all in the delivery, I like labels give nice folks a point of reference, but you are bang on, this site is a safe haven from the vulgarity you find on other sites, With a good foundation of decent people. . . . Like me (Cheesy :) ) :love: ;)

No Riff Raff here thank you very much lol

Xx Davina
I don't bother with Hello's anymore as for most of you that's all you'll do here . . . . OMG i'm such a bitch. . . !

Meganxx

Terminology

Postby Meganxx » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

I thought a tranny was a good all round multi-purpose van :? It is much amusement at work when someone says to get the tranny then remarks I haven't got my skirt on.... (I'm not 'out' at work, but I have dressed for various fancy dress occasions, much to my partner's displeasure).xx

Ashley Ann

Postby Ashley Ann » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 am

I don't believe the word is bad, might be a bit abrasive to some though.
If you're concerned about the lack of replies in your introduction just remember this is a small forum and as you stated "Limited tranny time" I believe most people here have the same problem.
They get on when they find the opportunity and post if they can.
When you have the chance hop on and post! :thumbs:
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain."
Ashley <3

Ashley Ann

Postby Ashley Ann » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 am

Meganxx wrote:I thought a tranny was a good all round multi-purpose van :? It is much amusement at work when someone says to get the tranny then remarks I haven't got my skirt on.... (I'm not 'out' at work, but I have dressed for various fancy dress occasions, much to my partner's displeasure).xx

That's funny BTW! lol
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain."
Ashley <3

Summer

Postby Summer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 am

Thank you all for the input. I suspect that I will stay using my abrasive terminology.
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

Karin k
Registered users
Preference: Transsexual

Postby Karin k » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm

For me personally, i dont like this word much. Its kindve like the N-word to a black person in a way?. If i use it about myself, then thats okay. Or if someone i know well, uses it towards me in jest it can be okay too, but usually, like 99% of the time i find it to be deregatory. it might sound hypocritical but as a TS its kinda like taking a hammer to me and what im doing? Fortunately ive never had it said to my face ;)
♥ Karin ♥

GothGirl

Postby GothGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 pm

A year or so ago I watched this TV programme where a group of people took it in turns to go around each others houses to cook a meal. Think it was on Channel 4?

Anyway, on one particular episode, they had a cross dresser as one of the contestants. During the show, they asked him whether he preferred to be called a crossdresser, or tranvestite, etc. He was obviously offended by the term crossdresser, & went on to point out that women are the real crossdressers, & that he preferred to be called a 'tranny'.
Kind of surprised me, because I've heard the term 'tranny' used by women to describe other women who overdress/ wear too much make-up etc. " she looks a bit tranny".

The contestant on the show dress sense was verging on a drag queen though - almost Lily Savage, (& sounded a bit like her too if I remember).
Tranny makes me think of tranny van, with endless joke opportunities.

Probably prefer t-girl, for myself. I also drink alot of Tea too.

Emily
x
I only smile if I have a reason...

Return to “Ask A CrossDresser (Opinions)”