Breast forms and bra sizes

Part of CrossDressing is about shopping at the right places at the right prices. Lets hear about your shopping habbits gurls!
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
SatinLover
Registered users
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Breast forms and bra sizes

Postby SatinLover » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 am

So I've got a pair of breast forms that fit 42D, but I notice that shopping for a 42 bra, often the sizes are only DD upwards. I'm wondering if the forms would still fit, as on the 42D bras I have they are sometimes a bit 'full'. Perhaps DD would be better? Any experiences?

Sara.G
Preference: P/T T-Girl

Re: Breast forms and bra sizes

Postby Sara.G » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:06 am

SatinLover wrote:So I've got a pair of breast forms that fit 42D, but I notice that shopping for a 42 bra, often the sizes are only DD upwards. I'm wondering if the forms would still fit, as on the 42D bras I have they are sometimes a bit 'full'. Perhaps DD would be better? Any experiences?

Okay good question and there is a good but probably confusing answer.

First of all breast forms tend to be sold as a specific size e.g. 42D but this can be misleading since when discussing bras the 42 part is only relevant to YOUR chest size not the forms, so ignore the sizing. For all intents and purposes breast form are simply a more shapely type of "chicken fillet" breast enhancer.

Secondly the cup size you end up with depends on what your natural size would be - To measure your bra size at home, all you need to be wearing is a non-padded bra and have a tape measure in inches to hand.

First, you need to measure around the bottom of the band of the bra directly under the bust - making sure the tape is very snug.

Take the measurement in inches and round it up to the nearest inch.

If the size is an even number add four, and if it is odd add five - this will then give you your back size.

Take off the bra.

Then take the tape measure across the fullest part of your chest (bust) and again measure in inches, rounding to the nearest inch.

The difference in the inches between the two then gives the cup size. For example, a one inch difference would make you an A, two a B, three a C, four a DD, five a DD, six an E and so on. (zero difference = AA)

So if your back size is 34 inches and your bust size is 35 inches, that would make you a 34A.

Now you know your natural unboosted size - next you need to factor in the breast forms. Treat the forms as a booster and simply add on the number of cups your forms boost you by.

best guide.jpg

So following the example your D-Cup forms will boost your natural 34A to a 34D or 34DD.

Another useful tip is that you can also "go up a size & down a cup" or "down a size & up a cup", so your 42D should be comfortable in a 40DD, 42D or 44C.

Bra style is also important and balcony, balconette, t-shirt or full-cup bras are better with breastforms - plunge bras and cleavage enhancers can be tricky since the forms are either not attached to you or are simply not secure enough to stay in place with these bras (with practice you can get the position correct but this is advanced bra & breastform wearing and it is better to get used to wearing forms first)

Also despite the "official" measuring guide above you should also remember that your natural shape is different from a natural female and you may need to reduce the band size so it is closer to your chest size (for shirts) to get a comfortable fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Denying who you really are, only leads to regrets later in life. Seize the moment because it will never come around again."

I have been reliably informed that I am a much bigger bitch when I am NOT Sara!!!!

SatinLover
Registered users

Postby SatinLover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Blimey, that's involved!

Thanks for going to the trouble though. Now where's my tape measure?

It's hard enough finding places that sell a 42" bra, such as Fantasie. They do lovely full cup bras, but I don't want to be 'loose' inside them. I'll see how I measure up though.

SatinLover
Registered users

Postby SatinLover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:37 pm

I have a five inch difference, making me a DD supposedly, but this is because I swim a lot and have a broad chest.

Return to “CrossDresser Shopping”