ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Tailors

Part of CrossDressing is about shopping at the right places at the right prices. Lets hear about your shopping habbits gurls!
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
Summer
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Tailors

Postby Summer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:42 pm

I love dresses as they can be cooler and allow for a better shape, well that's my opinion anyway.

Sometimes, though, I find that the promise they show in a shop (or ebay) isn't always replicated when I see myself in the mirror at home. I know that they clip them to hug the figure of any mannequin in shops and they look really good there.

Has anyone ever thought of, or even gone to a tailor or alteration service for CD specific garments? I must have so many blouses, dresses and other clothes which need this service.

How have these services been to you?
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

HelenR
Preference: Transgendered

Re: Tailors

Postby HelenR » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Just pull all the excess material together in a bunch behind your back and stick a plastic clothes peg on it. All the top models and stars do it, that's why they are always photographed from the front. If you check out photoshop you will see the setting for 'remove plastic clothes peg'.
Hope this helps.
Helen (not her real name).

DebbieT
Preference: Transitioning Female

Postby DebbieT » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:14 am

No, because I have the perfect figure...lmao

Really, I've not done it because I try stuff on in shops, and if it doesn't look good, I don't buy it...

Debbie

Summer

Postby Summer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Debbie, I must be a funny shape. I will also see if I have a clothes peg button in real life.

Thanks
X
An older man in a skirt.
In my head I look good, but then reality buts in . . . . . . .

AngelaD

Postby AngelaD » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 am

I started sewing about 6 months ago and have altered quite a few things. It's actually very easy to take in the waist of blouses for example, which for me emphasises the waist/hip ratio to good effect. Just put the blouse on inside out, pin the seam new and run it through the machine! I practiced on old t-shirts first. As Debbie says though, trying on in the shop is simpler.

Return to “CrossDresser Shopping”