ADVERTISEMENT

Visit ClubCrossDressing

Where do you buy your stockings and lingerie from?

Part of CrossDressing is about shopping at the right places at the right prices. Lets hear about your shopping habbits gurls!
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.
LucyG11
Newly registered users

Re: Where do you buy your stockings and lingerie from?

Postby LucyG11 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 am

Wherever I can get quality cheaply! Last pair of really good stockings were from Debenhams several months ago. Jasper Conran lace top glossies. They were £2.50 in the sale. At the moment they are £6.00 http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0514686_-1
These are for those really special Lucy nights though. Normally I wear tesco or asda two or three pair to a pack stockings or tights.

nicola2011
Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby nicola2011 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:20 am

You can get some really nice ones from stockings-direct and being on the large size I usually buy lingerie on line

JaneGrey

Re: Hosiery for all occasions

Postby JaneGrey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Well, as I said in an earlier post I buy my stockings and tights from Waitrose. They are a few pence pricier than Tesco’s but they don’t ladder as easily and last longer as a result. Though they are 15 denier, they feel like I’m wearing “cool air” on my legs.

I tend to buy different hosiery for different occasions. I always keep a few packets of assorted tights and stockings in the boot of my car. Just in case.

For example; Sainsbury’s Finest tights are a must for all girls. I usually keep a 3 pair packet for that moment when my fan belt snaps. They contain just the right amount of Lycra that keeps them stretchy but not too much that they lose grip on the pulleys.
40 denier is ideal. Higher deniers are not stretchy enough and tend to strain the bearings. Anything lower just breaks. Colour makes no difference to performance though I prefer “passion pink” as it contrasts so beautifully with the cam shaft cover.
Don’t be put off by the price of Sainsbury’s Finest. Though they are expensive they last three times longer than similar products from Asda and Waitrose. They are very economical and stay tight and firm for at least three services.

I sometimes become peckish when driving and have an overwhelming desire for home made soup. I carry a saucepan, a small camping stove, pre-prepared onions and tins of mushy peas in my boot to quell such desires. Having cooked all of the ingredients I obviously need to strain the soup to take out all of those pea shells and have a silky smooth soup with no annoying bits that stick between your teeth.
What better than “nude” Pretty Polly, plain top hold ups. They are unaffected by temperature and have a wide enough leg to allow easy ladling of soup into the toe. I find 10 denier provides the perfect mesh for straining. Be warned though Ladies, do not buy the ones with a reinforced toe. Your perfect pea soup will clog and coagulate In the toe then squidge out all over your hands and down the front of your skirt.

There have been times when I’ve left home in such a tizzy that I’ve forgotten to take my purse with me. Don’t you all just know that feeling when you are low on fuel, still have miles to go, and discover you have nothing to pay with?
For those occasions I carry a single pair of Tesco’s 30 denier, “barely black”, gloss reinforcing tights. They are very tight and uncomfortable to wear on my legs but when stretched over my face they distort my features so much that I become unrecognisable when I enter a bank. I pass my pre-prepared note (saying “give me £35 or I’ll scream”) over the counter and always walk away with my petrol money.
Be warned again though; do not go denser than 30 denier. You just can’t see! It’s very easy to go into the wrong shop. So embarrassing to leave what you thought was the bank, with a portion of cod and chips. And what’s worse is that you can’t hang around to add salt and vinegar!
One little tip for all you fashion sirens out there. I choose tights rather than stockings so that after I’ve stretched one leg over my face, I can take the other leg, fold and mould it into a rose shape then pin it jauntily above my forehead. It makes the perfect Fascinator and really puts that awful one worn by Princess Beatrice well into the shade.

I hope my “hosiery for all occasions” tips are helpful.

Best wishes

Jane

JulieR

Postby JulieR » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 am

Yes, it does! Thank you! :)

Your tips should be compiled into the Cross Dresser's Bible.

X

JaneGrey

Postby JaneGrey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm

What a good idea Julie.

Any other cross dressing tips out there?

Jane

sugarplum
Newly registered users

Postby sugarplum » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:33 pm

i either buy in lingiere stores in person or if im not feeling too brave i get my sisters or mum to buy for me,yes they know about me and are both fine with it,i often share clothes with my sisters

JulieR

Postby JulieR » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 pm

sugarplum wrote:i either buy in lingiere stores in person or if im not feeling too brave i get my sisters or mum to buy for me,yes they know about me and are both fine with it,i often share clothes with my sisters

You are soooooo lucky SugarPlum!

sugarplum
Newly registered users

Postby sugarplum » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 pm

hi julier,thanks for the reply.yes i think i am sooooo lucky too

Magiee
Registered users

Postby Magiee » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 pm

I volunteer in a local charirty shop on my days off work, good place to pick up old used tights and stockings, at very reasonable prices, of various colours, not always matching! Bras and panties too, although you do need to be wary of stains but a good bleach/nitric acid mix cleans them up wonderfully, if you can put up with the fumes!

I do not recommend M&S, I think the quality of their tights and stockings are poor for the price you pay. For me its Tescos, make-up too, Its just more convenient than buying online and so easy to slip into your shopping, especially if you have a list, no funny looks if you are seen with a list, usually because there are other men there doing the same thing, either for themselfs or for their partners.

Lingerie I tend to buy from Debenhams, much better than M&S, or again, Tescos.

Magiee
Registered users

Postby Magiee » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Disclaimer - Its never, ever wise to mix nitric acid with bleach!

Return to “CrossDresser Shopping”